Sunday, January 23, 2022

You and I

You and I


running from the light

looking for an oasis

holding out for night

clinging to darkened places


then one moves


body sheltered me

your shadow: my salvation

look away from me

I'll move away; be patient


then you moved


you chased the light

you set me free

until the night

washed over me

you didn't leave

you didn't scream

you helped me breathe

you let me dream


what are you?


I'm quite a lot to

take in, I know, but you stayed

and I just want you

to know I grew in your shade


why aren't you

afraid of me?


your eyes don't leave mine

I've never seen eyes like yours

brighter than moon shine

cold bright pulls me to your shore


there I am lost


I stand before you

you look up to hold my gaze

you reach for me, too

the rest all becomes a haze


there you are lost


I'm sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment