Friday, July 21, 2023

It Wasn't What You Wanted Me to Say

 It Wasn't What You Wanted Me to Say


the hunter

seven points

bright burning in the negative space

can you see the colors?

can you see me?

do you only count to three?

I am the void that frames the stars

looking from far away

it's cold and dark and empty

I think that's all you see

you don't get closer

afraid you'll freeze

afraid you'll burn

I am the void

that negative space

you only see the stars

you think that's where you should look

if you stop they'll pull you in

you'll never break away

you'll disintegrate

burn in a flash

get closer

closer to me

it's the dust

it's the clouds

that's where I'll be

behind the pressure of glittering diamond showers

please enjoy the view

now look again

and tell me what you see

No comments:

Post a Comment